Apr 21, 2021
ACC 205 - Cost Accounting
Cost concepts and decision making, break even techniques, budgets and management analysis.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the similarities and differences between financial and managerial accounting.
- Prepare job cost schedules and statements for a manufacturing firm.
- Distinguish and analyze job order and process cost systems, variable, fixed and mixed costs.
- Create an income statement using the contribution margin format.
- Demonstrate techniques used in break even analysis.
- Compute variances for materials, labor and overhead.
- Create a flexible budget and performance report.
- Determine relevant costs and analyze management decisions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current trends in managerial accounting.
Prerequisite: ACC 201
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)