Oct 22, 2019
The Associate of Applied Science in Computing and Information Technology - Cyber Security - Digital Forensics is a program of study that provides students with the skills necessary to investigate computer crime. It includes instruction in PC troubleshooting and repair Microsoft operating systems and Cisco networking as well as specialized training in computer forensics, network forensic, and digital crime investigators.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Evaluate computer hardware and software.
- Develop organization security policies.
- Explain how to use networking tools and devices to detect and mitigate security attacks.
- Manage the security of a network system.
- Manage a networking project.
General Education Requirements (23 Credits)
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Strongly Recommended: ENG 107
Communications (3 Credits)
Strongly Recommended: COM 115.
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (4 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Science (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or any COM prefix course.
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above (this includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements (38 Credits)
Core Requirements (28 Credits)
Digital Literacy Requirement (0-3 Credits)
Electives (7-10 Credits)
Students who complete IS 100B (0 credits) will need to complete 10 elective credits. However, students who complete IS 101 (3 credits) will only need to complete 7 elective credits.