This program course of study provides students with education and skills required by today’s computer networking industry. Instruction includes courses on router/switch centric internetworking. It provides students with a wide array of training in various areas related to computer networking. Completion of this program prepares students for successful completion of a number of industry certification exams such as CompTIA A+, Network+, Cisco CCENT, and CCNA. Instruction takes place in a hands-on state-of-the-art lab environment.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Differentiate the functions of networking components.
- Assemble a computer networking system.
- Specify configuration parameters to include: IP addressing, AAA, QoS prioritization, capacity and redundancy.
- Modify operating system configurations in client, server, and intermediary devices.
- Optimize hardware configurations in client, server, and intermediary devices.
- Optimize operating system configurations in network intermediary devices.