GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program are located at https://www.csn.edu/gainful-employment.
The Certificate of Achievement in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) Emphasis prepares students for a career as a peace officer with Nevada law enforcement agencies, as prescribed by the State of Nevada, Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission (POST). Upon successful completion of the Academy, students will have the ability to take the Nevada POST examination once hired by a law enforcement agency that requires POST certification. Testing methodology is structured for an active learning environment which includes written examinations, interactive scenarios, and examination of case studies. This is a limited entry program. Applicants must pass a written examination, oral interview, physical agility test, physical examination, psychological examination, and possess both a Nevada permit to carry a concealed weapon, as well as a Nevada state driver’s license. Students accepted into the Academy are required to pay a $250.00 program fee.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Employ oral and written communication skills as required by individual law enforcement agencies.
- Distinguish among the Nevada Revised Statues and propose the appropriate circumstances for charging specific criminal statutes.
- Interpret the U.S. Constitution, Nevada law, and case law as it relates to specific search and seizure issues.
- Employ proper firing techniques in use of firearms.
- Demonstrate the prescribed use of force in defense tactics and arrest procedures.
- Acquire proficiency in physical agility activities as indicated in Nevada POST state regulations.