This degree program, one of the largest of its kind in the west, prepares students for lucrative careers as automotive technicians, as well as related automotive occupations. Master Accredited by ASE/NATEF, instruction is provided on state-of-the-art equipment in both classrooms and labs. ASE Master Certified technicians provide all instruction, with the focus on understanding automotive systems operation and how to effectively and efficiently diagnose and service these systems. Additionally, emphasis is placed on preparing students to personally pass ASE certification exams. This degree places an emphasis on driveabilty diagnosis and repair.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate diagnostic and repair routines as related to the performance systems of the automobile.
- Prepare to take the following ASE/NATEF certification exams: ASE A1, ASE A6, ASE A7, and ASE A8.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of both printed and electronic repair information and service literature.
- Demonstrate use of both mechanical and PC based computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Demonstrate understanding of diagnostic and repair literature.