RESTRICTED ENTRY PROGRAM
Students MUST be indentured in the IBEW Inside Wireman Apprenticeship Program before enrolling in classes. Special consideration will be given students who complete the Trade Union Electrical Apprentice Associate of Applied Science Degree if they are affected by the retroactive six year rule. For further information, contact the Division of Apprenticeship Studies at 702-651-4163.
This degree prepares students to take the Journeyman Electricians Exam administered by the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Along with special program courses, academic skills emphasizing related math, science and human relations components are stressed to prepare students to meet the challenges common in the work place.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Comprehend and utilize all applicable electrical tools.
- Comprehend and utilize formulas used in the calculations of all phases of electrical work.
- Install all necessary equipment to complete any electrical system.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and repair any problems that arise in electrical systems.
- Successfully pass Journeyman Electrician’s exams administered by the IBEW and the Clark County Building Department.