Aug 12, 2020
This degree prepares students for careers in advertising, retail sales, and marketing. The program includes a comprehensive exposure to marketing principles and business related issues.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Explain current marketing, merchandising, and retail management theories and how they apply to organizational settings.
Apply marketing and merchandising strategies to real-life retail settings.
Explain the characteristics of marketing and merchandising plans used in retail establishments.
Demonstrate the latest techniques and trends in marketing and merchandising practices.
General Education Requirements (22 Credits)
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Communications (3 Credits)
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (3 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or any COM prefix course
- or CRJ 104 - Introduction to Administration of Justice
- or DAN 101 - Dance Appreciation
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or HHP 201 - Stress Management
- or HHP 213 - Healthy Aging
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or PHO 101 - Beginning Photography
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above (this includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements (39 Credits)
Core Requirements (30 Credits)