This degree is designed specifically for students who have a desire to work in unmanned aviation system (UAS) related careers. This degree provides students with classroom and laboratory experiences in Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements and aviation fundamentals, electronics, microprocessors, and programming. The program will prepare students to enter the employment market as UAS Technicians. Program content includes an introduction to UAS flight, history, avionics, sensors, communications systems, and select paths to various applications such as Videography, Construction, RF Technology, Network Security, and First Responders. Students prepare for and conduct unmanned flights similar to those commonly performed in the industry. Students comply with FAA regulations that govern the UAS industry. Academic skills emphasizing related math, science and human relations are stressed to prepare students to meet the challenges common in the workplace.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Follow guidelines for safe operation and maintenance of unmanned aviation systems.
2. Design and operate basic electro-mechanical systems and to use microprocessor-based programmable controller devices.
3. Code systems within the scope of concentration area.
4. Troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems using techniques for identification and correction of faults.
5. Operate the UAS mounted digital video camera or various special sensors.
6. Apply skills in mathematics, written and oral communication, and teamwork.