This degree program, one of the largest of its kind in the west, prepares students for lucrative careers as automotive technicians as well as related automotive occupations. Instruction is provided on state-of-the-art equipment in both classrooms and labs. ASE Master Certified technicians provide all instruction, with the focus on understanding automotive systems operation and how to effectively and efficiently diagnose and service these systems. Additionally, emphasis is placed on preparing students to personally pass ASE certification exams.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Apply diagnostic and repair routines as related to the eight major systems of the automobile.
- Prepare to take the following ASE/NATEF certification exams: ASE A1, ASE A2, ASE A3, ASE A4, ASE A5, ASE A6, ASE A7, and ASE A8.
- Use both printed and electronic repair information and service literature.
- Use both mechanical and PC based computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Interpret diagnostic and repair literature.