The College of Southern Nevada is a leader in online learning, offering fully accredited degrees to students. Students can choose from a variety of online degree programs.
Associate of Arts
- Associate of Arts, AA [AA, 60 Total Credits]
- Communication, AA [COM-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- Criminal Justice, AA [CRJ-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- Early Childhood Education, AA [ECEEDUC-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- Elementary Education, AA [ELEM-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- English, AA [ENG-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- History, AA [HIST-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- Psychology, AA [PSY-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- Sociology, AA [SOC-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- Special Education, AA [ECESPEC-AA, 60 Total Credits]
- World Languages, AA [WRLANG-AA, 60 Total Credits]
Associate of Applied Science
- Accounting, AAS [ACC-AAS, 61 Total Credits]
- Business Management, AAS [BUSMGT-AAS, 60 Total Credits]
- Casino Management, AAS [GAMMGT-AAS, 62 Total Credits]
- Computing and Information Technology: Software–Programming, AAS [CITSP-AAS, 61 Total Credits]
- Computing and Information Technology: Software–Web Development, AAS [CITSWD-AAS, 61 Total Credits]
- Criminal Justice, AAS [CRJ-AAS, 60 Total Credits]
- Hospitality Management, AA [HMD-AA, 60 Total Credits]
Associate of Business
Associate of General Studies
Bachelor of Applied Science
Certificate of Achievement
What is eLearning?
eLearning is an innovative development in higher education that uses technology to facilitate learning without the limitations of time or place. CSN offers courses online so that students around the world can complete a certificate or associate’s degree without stepping foot in a classroom.
eLearning students use state-of-the-art technology to connect to faculty members, course mates, and advisors. The great advantage of eLearning is that it gives students the flexibility to achieve an appropriate balance of work, family, community, and educational commitments.
CSN’s online courses link students with their faculty member and course mates online through the World Wide Web (Canvas). Online courses are asynchronous, which means that students can sign on and participate at times convenient to them.
Online students need to be prepared to interact with their faculty member and course mates in writing. Strong reading and writing skills in the English language are critical.
The Online Campus creates convenient, high-quality learning opportunities in order to increase capacity and meet the immediate and long-term needs of the community. This endeavor specializes in high quality courses and comprehensive student services, and pursues continuous improvement and innovation. CSN has a strategy that includes developing college-wide expertise in online learning, a systems approach to online learning support, a branding of its program characteristics, and a focus on achieving desired learning outcomes along with student and faculty satisfaction. The Online Campus has a centralized web presence with exemplary online student services, a comprehensive student orientation to online learning and Canvas, and faculty resources.
Typical Elements of Online Courses Include:
- asynchronous, frequent student and faculty participation
- lectures and assigned readings (from textbooks and online resources)
- individual and group assignments (for example, case studies and discussion questions)
- individual and group papers
- use of online library resources
- online and proctored quizzes and examinations
What Do I Need to Be Successful?
Success in online courses depends on self-discipline and the ability to learn without face-to-face interaction. CSN’s online courses maintain the same rigor and high standards of its classroom courses. Academic progress is established and maintained through regular course participation.
Online students need to be prepared to interact with their faculty member and course mates in writing. Strong reading and writing skills in the English language are critical. CSN now has a Student Online Readiness course to prepare you to be more successful when taking online courses at CSN. To access the Student Online log in here https://go.csn.edu/LoginPolicy.jsp. On the next page select MyCoyoteSuccess and then the Student Online Readiness Assessment. At the successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate that you can share with your instructors.
What Are the Technical Requirements to Take an Online Course?
To participate in an online course via the World Wide Web, you should have:
- an Internet service provider (ISP)
- an active CSN student email account, and
- Some courses, such as those in business, finance, and accounting, require additional software such as a Windows-based spreadsheet program or MS Project.
What is an ePortfolio?
CSN offers students access to an ePortfolio through classes they are enrolled in. Students can collect and organize their work from both inside and outside the classroom. From their latest class essay to photos and comments posted during study abroad, the ePortfolio enables students to integrate classroom, co-curricular, life, and work experiences. The ePortfolio supports all common file types – from documents and spreadsheets to sound recordings, photographs, and video clips.
Office of eLearning
702-651-5619 (main phone number)
Sort Code – WCC213
Steps to Log into Canvas:
- First, ensure your Student Network account is up and running. You must activate your CSN student network account to log into Canvas. You can activate your account by going to: https://csnstudent.csn.edu/stuverify/. Please be patient since once you have activated your account because it may take up to a day for the account to become active.
Reminder!!! You will not be able to access your online course until the first day the course begins. Make sure you know when the first day of your online class is set to begin and log in that day.
- After your CSN student network account is active go to www.csn.edu
- On the top of the page, click on Login
- On the new page click on Canvas – Online Courses
- On the next page you will need to enter your username and password for GoCSN.
- On the new page click on Canvas - Online Courses.
- It’s that simple, you should now see your courses!