Dec 04, 2023
CIT 095 - Personal Computer Basics
Semesters Offered: No information available.
Campus/Sites Offered: No information available.
Offering Note: No additional information available.
This course provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience that covers computer terminology, working with files, and protecting against computer viruses. It explores the Internet, teaches how to email and share pictures via email, and how to do searches. Students will create a document with word processing software and a basic budget with spreadsheet software. An overview of other computer applications such as data bases and presentations will be included.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Define basic computer terminology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a computer Operating System by:
- Using the operating System User Interface.
Using the Operating System File Management System to copy, rename, delete, and move files
- Changing the System Settings (wallpaper, screensaver, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Internet by:
- Using an Internet browser, using the features of the tool bar, accessing websites, and accessing search engines.
- Send, reply, and forward email messages.
- Using a search engine to perform searches using key words and phrases.
- Attaching files to email messages.
- Describing various anti-virus procedures.
- Demonstrate very basic knowledge of word processing software by creating, saving, formatting, and printing a simple document.
- Demonstrate very basic knowledge of presentation software by creating, saving, formatting, and printing a simple presentation.
- Demonstrate very basic knowledge of spreadsheet software by creating, saving, formatting, and printing a simple spreadsheet.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)