Dec 04, 2023
CIT 114B - IT Essentials
Semesters Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
Campus/Sites Offered: Charleston, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Online
Offering Note: No additional information is available.
Course teaches knowledge and skills required to assemble and maintain personal computers and peripheral devices. Major topics include assembling components, installing software, connecting to networks, troubleshooting and repair, customer support, imaging and virtualization. Assists student preparation for CompTIA A+ certification. Course content is a combination of content from former CIT 110 A+ Hardware and CIT 111 A+ Software courses.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify, install and configure PC hardware components.
- Operate common ancillary and mobile devices.
- Configure a PC to connect to a network and the Internet.
- Perform basic installation and maintenance tasks for a Windows operating system.
- Diagnose and resolve basic hardware and operating system problems.
- Use customer service and communication skills.
- Identify security risks and implement security measures for PCs and small networks.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)