Dec 04, 2023
CIT 180 - Database Concepts and SQL
Semesters Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
Campus/Sites Offered: Charleston, Online
Offering Note: No additional information available.
Basic principles of data modeling and relational database design. Hands-on learning of Structured Query Language (SQL).
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain the fundamental concepts of relational database design.
- Illustrate the structure of a database with diagramming software.
- Demonstrate normalization of data tables.
- Use a database management system’s tools to communicate with the database and to issue commands.
- Use SQL commands to create tables and to insert, update and delete table data.
- Code SQL queries to extract information from databases.
- Create an SQL-based information system that will satisfy the requirements of a case study.
Prerequisite: CIT 129 or Instructor approval
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)