Dec 04, 2023
CIT 183 - Database Administration
Semesters Offered: Spring
Campus/Sites Offered: Online
Offering Note: No additional information available.
An introduction to the primary responsibilities of a database administrator. Learn to install a DBMS, such as SQL Server or Oracle; to manage database objects to monitor performance; to manage data storage; to oversee database security and user access; to ensure database connectivity; and to plan for backup and recovery.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Categorize the responsibilities of a database administrator.
- Describe the architecture of a database.
- Plan for the installation of a database by following manufacturer’s procedures.
- Create databases to meet client requirements.
- Manage database instances and storage structures.
- Summarize the steps required for administering user accounts.
- Analyze database statistics and transactions logs in order to assure that the database is optimized and current.
- Devise a backup and recovery plan to protect organizational databases from data loss.
Prerequisite: CIT 180 or Instructor approval
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)