Dec 04, 2023
CIT 251 - Advanced Web Development
Semesters Offered: Fall
Campus/Sites Offered: Online
Offering Note: No additional information available.
A continuation of CIT 151 - Beginning Web Development . It extends student knowledge and skills with HTML and CSS and introduces additional web-related techniques used to make webpages more engaging and more versatile. Extensible Markup Language (XML) will be used introduced as a way to share data among different systems and applications.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Code webpages using advanced features of HTML and CSS.
- Create webpages that respond to devices of varying sizes.
- Create compelling web content with words and pictures, following the best practices for writing for the web.
- Create valid XML documents to store and share data.
- Integrate XML data, HTML markup and CSS styling into webpages.
- Incorporate emerging technologies in markup and styling languages to enhance the user’s experience when visiting a website.
Prerequisite: CIT 151 or Instructor approval
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)