Dec 04, 2023
CIT 290 - Internship in CIT I
Semesters Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
Campus/Sites Offered: Online
Offering Note: No additional information available.
Supervised work experience within a selected computer and information technology firm or an information systems department in major corporation. Designed by company official and faculty advisor to apply knowledge to on-the-job situation. Available to students entering their last two semesters of instruction for degree. Contact department for application, screening, and required skills evaluation.
Student Learning Outcomes
- List basic policies and procedures of the employer relevant to area of internship.
- Describe the information processing workflow of the business relevant to the area of internship.
- List the qualifications, responsibilities, and career opportunities of at least six industry members met during internship.
- Create, debug and document program, database, and/or website, using the employer’s tools, at reasonable rate and with reasonable quality based upon the internship contract developed by employer, intern and faculty advisor.
- Produce a written report at the end of the internship period.
Graded: Letter Grade
May Be Repeated: once not to exceed a total of 3 credits
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)