Dec 04, 2023
CSEC 225B - Governance & Risk Management
Semesters Offered: Spring
Campus/Sites Offered: North Las Vegas, Online
Offering Note: No additional information available.
Topics include fully aligning IT to business strategies and direction, identifying and controlling key risks, and demonstrating legislative and regulatory compliance. Also provides students with sufficient understanding of risk assessment models, methodologies, and processes such that they can perform a risk assessment of a particular system and recommend mitigations to identified risks.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop formal security policy models to real world scenarios.
- Express the impact of legal/regulatory standards on a given system.
- Compare how standards, such as the Orange Book, may be applied to the requirements for a sub-contractor or customer.
- Determine how risk relates to a system security policy.
- Formulate various risk analysis methodologies.
- Evaluate risk 1) with respect to technology; 2) with respect to individuals; and 3) in the enterprise; and recommend appropriate responses.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of various risk assessment methodologies
- Construct the optimal methodology based on needs, advantages, and disadvantages.
Prerequisite: CSEC 101B with a grade of C or better; or Instructor approval
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)