Dec 04, 2023
CSEC 286B - Network Analytics
Semesters Offered: No information available.
Campus/Sites Offered: No information available.
Offering Note: No additional information available.
Create, analyze, and report network analytics for information security. Conduct network analytics using available tools and accepted methods for analyzing the seven domains of a typical Information Technology (IT) infrastructure. Monitoring, reporting, and escalation are emphasized.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Interpret the packets involved in a simple TCP connection.
- Evaluate the various concepts in network defense.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate network defense measures.
- Analyze a trace of packets to detect the establishment of a TCP connection.
- Test the use of a network monitor to display packets.
- Perform a task with a network monitoring tool (e.g., WireShark).
- Perform an operation with network mapping tools (e.g., Nmap).
- Perform a task with a network filtering tool (e.g., Snort).
Prerequisite: CIT 112B with a grade of C or better; or Instructor approval
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)