Dec 04, 2023
CSEC 287B - Security Analysis
Semesters Offered: No information available.
Campus/Sites Offered: No information available.
Offering Note: No additional information available.
Conduct a vulnerability analysis upon a network in order to practice or refine the attack methodologies with the hacker tools and techniques to which the student was exposed during the various program courses. Prepare a written report of the security design, attack methodology, tools, and techniques. Focus on testing and the documentation process in order to prepare post-test reports.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the importance of each principle of security.
- Analyze common security failures and determine specific design principles that have been violated.
- Recommend formal security policy models to real world scenarios.
- Analyze system components and assess how they will interact in a composed system.
- Create post-test written reports.
- Perform vulnerability assessments to include all written reports.
Prerequisite: CIT 274B or CSEC 281B with a grade of C or better; or Instructor approval
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)