Dec 02, 2023
GER 111 - First Year German I
The development of language skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Emphasis is placed on communication in all four language acquisition skills.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Pronounce German correctly.
- Understand spoken and written German.
- Learn about Germanic cultures and compare them with their own culture.
- Participate and respond to simple questions about family, life, and daily activities.
- Learn German gestures to reinforce the meaning of certain expressions.
- Learn key phrases and practice them in interaction with instructor and classmates in one-on-one and small group activities.
- Acquire an active vocabulary of 500 words and a passive vocabulary of 1,000 words.
- Write short papers of 300 worlds utilizing the vocabulary and grammar of this course.
- Hold a 5-minute speech utilizing the structures and vocabulary learned in this course.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)