CSEC 116B - Introduction to Mobile Device Forensics
Semesters Offered: No information available.
Campus/Sites Offered: No information available.
Offering Note: No additional information available.
This course provides the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to investigate data that can be found on basic cell phones, smartphones, and GPS devices. It includes a lecture on mobile device forensics topics as well as demonstration and practice in using mobile device forensic tools to extract and analyze evidentiary data.
Course was previously offered as CF 250B.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe the legal authority necessary to obtain Digital Evidence from a smartphone
- Document digital forensics investigative of mobile device efforts throughout the process.
- Forensically obtain Digital Evidence from an Apple iPhone or Android Device.
- Analyze Digital Evidence from a smartphone.
- Complete a report on Digital Evidence from a smartphone.
- Explain post-investigative processes common with Mobile Forensics.
Prerequisite: CSEC 110B with a grade of C- or higher.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)