Dec 04, 2023
CSEC 113B - Introduction to Linux Forensics
Semesters Offered: No information available.
Campus/Sites Offered: No information available.
Offering Note: No additional information available.
This course focuses on the Linux operating system and will cover techniques specific to Linux. This course introduces the student to the digital forensics process that includes:
- Identify Digital Evidence Sources,
- Collect Digital Evidence,
- Preserve Digital Evidence,
- Examine Digital Evidence, and
- Analyze Digital Evidence Findings.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the digital forensics investigative process involving Linux-based computers.
- Describe the legal authority to obtain data and conduct a digital forensic examination.
- Identify current digital forensics software, hardware, and tools used to complete a digital forensics investigation.
- Explain various methods of processing data used in digital forensics investigations.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of identifying and acquiring Digital Evidence from a computer.
- Demonstrate the ability to document investigative efforts used in digital forensics investigation.
Prerequisite: CSEC 110B and CIT 173 both with a grade of C- or higher
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)