Mar 03, 2024
AC 116B - Copper Fundamentals
Basic theory and practical application of soldering and brazing copper tubing using high and low temperature equipment such as Oxy-Acetylene, Air Acetylene and Mapp gas. Students will make leak free copper connections with dissimilar metals such as steel, brass or aluminum. Copper tubing will be cut, swagged, flared and bent using various techniques for air conditioning piping applications.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Measure and cut copper tubing to fit piping specifications.
- Demonstrate how to make a swagged and flared connection.
- Make connections with copper tubing and a dissimilar metal such as steel, brass or aluminum.
- Make connections with copper tubing using both low temperature solder and high temperature braze material.
- Perform a standard pressure test to ensure that the tubing connections are leak free.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)