May 20, 2022
CIT 201B - Word Certification Preparation
Comprehensive coverage of basic and advanced features of Microsoft Word including, but not limited to, the set of skills on the Microsoft’s certification exams for Word.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain and define common word processing concepts and terms.
- Enter and edit text in a Word document.
- Use Word’s formatting features to change the appearance of characters, paragraphs and documents.
- Create and modify outlines.
- Create and modify tables, including changing appearance and calculating values.
- Create, modify and apply styles.
- Use writing tools: spell checker, grammar checker, and thesaurus.
- Use Word’s workgroup features to share the production of documents.
- Use Word’s mail merge features to generate form letters and envelopes using Word, Excel and Access data sources.
- Create and modify documents for use on the Internet.
- Print documents and envelopes.
- Incorporate graphics in documents.
- Create, modify and use macros to automate repetitive tasks.
- Incorporate table of contents, index and cross references in Word documents.
- Integrate Word with Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Integrate features of Word to produce high-quality newsletters.
- Integrate form fields, templates and macros to automate user forms.
- Customize Word environment.
Prerequisite: IS 100B or IS 101
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)