Dec 03, 2022
BIOL 113 - Life in the Oceans
Semesters Offered: Fall and Spring
Campus/Sites Offered: Varies by semester.
Offering Note: One section offered per semester.
An introduction to the environment and inhabitants of the sea.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze the scientific process and its importance to the study of oceans.
- Interpret basic geologic processes that are responsible for the formation of oceans and ocean basins.
- Examine the physical and chemical properties of seawater.
- Differentiate between phenomena such as waves, wind driven currents, thermohaline currents, and tides and how these phenomena affect marine organisms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental principles of marine ecology.
- Diagram and appraise the major taxa of organisms. Discuss the anatomy, physiology, evolution, taxonomy and life history of these major groups.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)