Sep 17, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: This Certificate of Achievement is NOT Financial Aid Eligible at this time.
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program are located at www.csn.edu/gainful-employment.
This Certificate of Achievement is designed specifically for students who have a desire to work in unmanned aviation system (UAS) related careers. This certificate provides students with classroom and laboratory experiences in Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements and aviation fundamentals, electronics, microprocessors, and programming. The certificate will prepare students to enter the employment market as UAS Technicians.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Follow guidelines for safe operation and maintenance of unmanned aviation systems.
- Design and operate basic electro-mechanical systems and to use microprocessor-based programmable controller devices.
- Code systems within the scope of concentration area.
- Troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems using techniques for identification and correction of faults.
- Operate the UAS mounted digital video camera or various special sensors.
- Apply skills in mathematics, written and oral communication, and teamwork.
General Education Requirements (6 Credits)
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Strongly Recommended: ET 111B.
- ET 111B - Mathematics for Electronics Applications
- or MATH 127 - Precalculus II or above
REMINDER: If a student does not place into the correct college-level MATH course, they are required to complete a preparatory or prerequisite course(s) or attempt to gain a higher score on the MATH placement exam. Such preparatory or prerequisite courses are not part of the degree, may delay degree completion, and will cause the student to complete more credits then the total listed on this degree.
Communications (3 Credits)
Strongly Recommended: COM 115.
Special Program Requirements (24 Credits)
Aviation Technology Requirements (7 Credits)
Electronic Engineering Technology Requirements (8 Credits)
Information Technology Requirement (3 Credits)
Digital Literacy Requirement (0-3 Credits)