Dec 05, 2023
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and collect digital evidence from numerous sources.
- Preserve digital evidence as it was being collected.
- Examine and analyze digital evidence.
- Report findings of a digital investigation.
- Explain the post-investigative processes of a digital investigation.
- Describe the legal and ethical standards used in forensic investigation.
General Education Requirements (23 Credits)
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Strongly Recommended: ENG 107
Communications (3 Credits)
Strongly Recommended: COM 115.
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (4 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Science (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or any COM prefix course.
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above (this includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements (37 Credits)
Core Requirements (33 Credits)
Digital Literacy Requirement (0-3 Credits)
Electives (4-7 Credits)
Students who complete IS 100B (0 credits) will need to complete 7 elective credits. However, students who complete IS 101 (3 credits) will only need to complete 4 elective credits.
Recommended: CSEC 113B or CSEC 114B or CSEC 115B, or CSEC 117B, or CSEC 118B or CSEC 281B, or CSEC 289B.
- any CIT prefix course (except CIT 112B, 114B, 173, and 263)
- or any CSEC prefix course (except CSEC 110B, 112B, 116B, 212B, and 290B)