Sep 30, 2023
2022-2023 Catalog and Student Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Early Childhood Education: Director, AAS
CODE: ECEDIR-AAS | TOTAL CREDITS: 60 | FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY: Eligible
The program is aimed at providing individuals with both the business knowledge needed for managing and/or owning a child care facility and the knowledge of children necessary to provide quality care.
Academic Map: AAS Early Childhood Education: Director
Student Learning Outcomes
- Manage the business aspects of a day care program, including record keeping, financial, and staff supervision.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate program for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Meet licensing requirements for being director of a preschool and/or infant/toddler program.
- Distinguish typical and atypical development in young children.
- Demonstrate appropriate skills in modifying the care and education of young children to allow for the appropriate inclusion of children with atypical development.
General Education Requirements
TOTAL GENERAL EDUCATION CREDITS: 22
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Communications (3 Credits)
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (3 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Science (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or CRJ 104 - Introduction to Administration of Justice
- or DAN 101 - Dance Appreciation
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above (this includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements
TOTAL SPECIAL PROGRAM CREDITS: 38