Jun 03, 2023
CODE: AVTCS-AAS | TOTAL CREDITS: 60 | FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY: Eligible
The Aviation Technology program is designed specifically for students who have a desire to work in aviation-related careers. Thorough coverage of the Federal Aviation Regulations apply to all aspects of study. The program provides the application of concepts pertaining to passenger service operations for domestic and international flights. The program prepares students to enter the employment market as Cabin Service Personnel with a managerial perspective.
Students must meet all eligibility requirements determined by the Federal Aviation Administration and the Transportation Security Administration.
Academic Map: AAS Aviation Technology: Cabin Service
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain the U.S. Federal Aviation Regulations and how they pertain to airport operating procedures, crew rest requirements, general operating flight rules, and scheduled/non-scheduled flight operations.
- Identify the principles of flight services pertaining to passenger aircraft.
- Integrate management concepts particular to airports and the relationship among airline operating environments.
- Integrate hospitality management concepts into passenger service environments.
General Education Requirements
TOTAL GENERAL EDUCATION CREDITS: 26
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Communications (6 Credits)
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (4 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Science (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or any COM prefix course
- or CRJ 104 - Introduction to Administration of Justice
- or DAN 101 - Dance Appreciation
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or HHP 150 - Living Healthy and Well
- or HHP 201 - Stress Management
- or HHP 213 - Healthy Aging
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or PHO 101 - Beginning Photography
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above (this includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements
TOTAL SPECIAL PROGRAM CREDITS: 34
Core Requirements (34 Credits)
Digital Literacy Elective (0-3 Credits)