Apr 14, 2021
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Accounting provides a comprehensive background in the principles, procedures and theories of organizing and maintaining business and financial transactions.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), located at 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, KS 66213, (913) 339-9356, (www.acbsp.org).
Student Learning Outcomes
- Incorporate accounting principles, procedures and theories of organizing and maintaining business and financial transactions.
- Formulate conceptual framework of the accounting cycle with the application of basic assumptions, concepts and guidelines for preparing financial statements.
- Enhance proficiency in processing financial information with computerized accounting systems and software.
General Education Requirements (22 credits)
Mathematics (3 Credits)
Note: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Recommended: MATH 104B.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
Note: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Communication (3 Credits)
Recommended: COM 115.
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Recommended: ALS 101.
Natural Science (3 Credits)
Recommended: ENV 101.
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Science (3 Credits)
Recommended: GEOG 106.
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or any COM prefix course
- or CRJ 104 - Introduction to Administration of Justice
- or DAN 101 - Dance Appreciation
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or HHP 150 - Living Healthy and Well
- or HHP 201 - Stress Management
- or HHP 213 - Healthy Aging
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or PHO 101 - Beginning Photography
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above (this includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI).
U.S. and Nevada Constitution (4-6 Credits)
Recommended: HIST 100 or PSC 101.
Special Program Requirements (39 Credits)
Core Requirements (30 Credits)
Electives (choose 9 Credits)