Feb 23, 2024
HIST 210 - Southwest Heritage
A study of the American Southwest and its cultures placed in historical perspective.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand the contours of the historical period or subject covered by the course.
- Understand history in general, and the interplay of the world, national, and/or local events in shaping the world in which we live.
- Students should better appreciate their role in politics and society, and their obligations as a citizen.
- Students should be better prepared for more advanced classes at the College of Southern Nevada and/or elsewhere.
- The abilities of students in critical thinking should be enhanced.
- The oral and/or written communications skills of students should be improved.
- The ability of students to do research and find information on historical and current events should be expanded and enhanced.
- Students should understand that history is made up of facts AND interpretations, actions AND ideas, not simply a series of names and dates.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)