Oct 28, 2021
ANTH 212 - Introduction to North American Indians
Survey of traditional life and modern conditions of American Indians with emphasis on the western United States.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the peopling of the North American continent.
- Define and discuss the various historic culture areas of North American as defined by anthropologists.
- Discuss the general cultural outlines, in terms of environmental adaptations and behavior of American Indian Cultures in the defined culture areas.
- Discuss individual terms with other cultures in the culture area.
- Compare and contrast general cultural outlines and specific cultures between culture areas.
- Discuss the process behind cultural evolution in various culture areas of North America.
- Discuss the impact of, and American Indian reaction to, European settlement of the New World.
- Discuss the impact of, and American Indian interaction with, and reaction to, the American Government in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Discuss the renewed interest in and revival of American Indian cultures in the mid-to-late 20th century.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)