Dec 05, 2023
ENV 101 - Introduction to Environmental Science
A survey of basic ecological principles and an examination of selected environmental issues including overpopulation, pollution and energy alternatives.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the significance of personal and cultural experiences in determining attitudes toward environmental issues.
- Illustrate the basic philosophy and procedures of the Scientific Method.
- Analyze the organizational roles of living organisms in ecosystems and how ecosystems change through time.
- Analyze the cycling of matter and the flow of energy through ecosystems.
- Interpret Earth processes and the fundamentals of energy transfer within the Earth.
- Examine the fundamental role that overpopulation plays in all environmental problems.
- Assess issues associated with current fossil-fuel based energy compared to alternative renewable energy resources.
- Assess problems associated with the overuse and contamination of natural resources.
- Examine environmental health hazards within the home and workplace.
- Evaluate how economic, social, and other factors impact solutions to environmental issues.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)