MATH 120E - Fundamentals of College Mathematics Expanded
This course is equivalent to MATH 120 and requires students to be concurrently enrolled in a co-requisite section of MATH 20.
MATH 120E covers mathematical concepts particularly relevant to informed and aware citizenship in modern society. Topics include consumer mathematics, geometry, measurement, dimensional analysis, linear and exponential modeling, probability, and statistical analysis. Course is broad in scope, emphasizing problem solving and applications.
Please note: CSN only offers this course as a 5-credit combination of MATH 120E (3-credit) and the MATH 20 (2-credit) co-requisite course.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply geometric concepts to solve real-world problems.
- Solve problems involving personal finance.
- Solve problems involving basic probability.
- Analyze data using statistical methods.
- Use dimensional analysis to solve real world problems.
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)