Sep 26, 2023
CODE: CITNNA-AAS | TOTAL CREDITS: 62 | FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY: Eligible
Coursework in this degree emphasizes theoretical knowledge, applied skills and business skills used by employees in computer network administration operations. Graduating students will be prepared to design, implement, and maintain wired and wireless computer networks. Hands-on and virtual lab components are used to augment and reinforce classroom and online coursework. Course learning outcomes parallels exam objectives for industry certifications offered by Cisco CCNA and CompTIA.
CSN AAS Computing and Information Technology: Networking-Network Administration Map
Student Learning Outcomes
- Differentiate the functions of networking components and protocols.
- Assemble a computer networking system.
- Specify configuration parameters to include: IP addressing v4 and v6, AAA, QoS prioritization, capacity and redundancy.
- Modify operating system configurations in client, server, and intermediary devices.
- Optimize operating system configurations in network intermediary devices.
General Education Requirements
TOTAL GENERAL EDUCATION CREDITS: 22
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Recommended: ENG 107
Communications (3 Credits)
Strongly Recommended: COM 115.
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (3 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Science (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or any COM prefix course
- or CRJ 104 - Introduction to Administration of Justice
- or DAN 101 - Dance Appreciation
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or HHP 150 - Living Healthy and Well
- or HHP 201 - Stress Management
- or HHP 213 - Healthy Aging
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or PHO 101 - Beginning Photography
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above course (includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements
TOTAL SPECIAL PROGRAM CREDITS: 40
Core Requirements (40 Credits)
Digital Literacy Requirement (0-3 Credits)