Jun 03, 2023
CODE: WWTWAT-AAS | TOTAL CREDITS: 60 | FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY: Eligible
This program prepares students for a career in water and/or wastewater treatment maintenance. Students learn to maintain and operate machinery and equipment used in facilities for the treatment of water supplies in urban areas and/or for wastewater treatment that is released back into the environment. Academic skills emphasizing math, science and human relations are stressed to prepare students to meet challenges common in the workplace.
Academic Map: AAS Water/Wastewater Treatment: Water Treatment
Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe the fundamentals of water and/or wastewater treatment.
- Identify the laws and regulations that apply to water and/or wastewater treatment.
- Differentiate the various treatment methodologies and technologies applicable to water and/or wastewater treatment.
- Explain pump operation and maintenance for water and/or wastewater treatment operation.
General Education Requirements
TOTAL GENERAL EDUCATION CREDITS: 22
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Communications (3 Credits)
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (3 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or any COM prefix course
- or CRJ 104 - Introduction to Administration of Justice
- or DAN 101 - Dance Appreciation
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or HHP 150 - Living Healthy and Well
- or HHP 201 - Stress Management
- or HHP 213 - Healthy Aging
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or PHO 101 - Beginning Photography
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above (this includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements
TOTAL SPECIAL EDUCATION CREDITS: 38
Core Requirements (38 credits)
Digital Literacy Elective (0-3 Credits)