Jan 28, 2023
CODE: ETELEC-CT | TOTAL CREDITS: 30 | FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY: Eligible
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program are located at www.csn.edu/gainful-employment.
Upon successful completion of this certificate program, students will be prepared for an entry-level position providing support in industry. Instruction includes both analog and digital design and testing of electronic circuits, devices and systems used in in a wide range of industries such as defense, data-communications, and entertainment.
COMPUTATION & HUMAN RELATIONS COMPONENTS
- Computation: ET 111B or MATH 127 or above
- Human Relations: ET 131B
Student Learning Outcomes
- Construct, analyze, and test various passive component DC and AC circuits using common electronic tools and test equipment.
- Analyze, construct, and test various types of digital circuits using Boolean expressions, Karanaugh maps, and general-purpose test equipment.
- Design, construct, test, analyze, and troubleshoot various DC and AC circuits using transistors and/or operational amplifiers using common electronics test equipment and analysis tools such as Bode Plots of frequency response.
- Show positive work ethics and interpersonal skills in a group environment.
General Education Requirements
TOTAL GENERAL EDUCATION CREDITS: 6
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
- ET 111B - Mathematics for Electronics Applications
- or MATH 127 - Precalculus II or above
REMINDER: If a student does not place into the correct college-level MATH course, they are required to complete a preparatory or prerequisite course(s) or attempt to gain a higher score on the MATH placement exam. Such preparatory or prerequisite courses are not part of the degree, may delay degree completion, and will cause the student to complete more credits than the total listed on this degree.
Communications (3 Credits)
Strongly Recommended: COM 115.
Special Program Requirements
TOTAL SPECIAL PROGRAM CREDITS: 24
Core Requirements (19 Credits)
Digital Literacy Requirement (0-3 Credits)
Electives (2-7 Credits)
NOTE: Students who complete IS 100B for zero credits must complete a minimum of five credits (or two courses) of electives. Students who complete IS 101 for 3 credits must complete a minimum of two credits (or one course) of electives.