Oct 28, 2021
AC 221B - Gas Heat Pump Technology I
The student will learn the basics of gas heat pumps. Included will be an introduction to the various products, controls, and equipment. Basic operational theory and application will be explored as well as an introduction to installations. R-410a, electrical and mechanical safety will also be covered, designed to give the student a good overview of this technology.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe how to safely work with R-410a.
- Utilize basic gas heat pump electrical and mechanical safety.
- Recognize multi-zone and package gas heat pump units.
- Understand and obtain skills necessary to install multi-zone gas heat pumps.
- Calculate additional refrigerant charges for multi-zone gas heat pump installations.
- Properly commission a gas heat pump.
- Recognize and resolve issues associated with the installation and startup of gas heat pumps.
- Understand and obtain skills necessary to install packages gas heat pumps.
- Display competency and a high level of knowledge regarding gas heat pumps basics and installation practices.
- Develop team working skills, positive attitudes and pride towards work.
Prerequisite: AC 111B
Graded: Letter Grade
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)