Mar 03, 2024
CODE: DHEDUS-BS | TOTAL CREDITS: 121 | FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY: Eligible
LIMITED ENTRY PROGRAM
Some of these courses are program prerequisites and MUST be completed before a student is considered eligible for entry into the Program. Students MUST attend a Health Programs Orientation and meet with a Health Programs advisor for additional advisement. For more information please visit www.csn.edu/limited-entry-admission.
The Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program allows associate degree students and licensed dental hygienists the opportunity to build upon their current knowledge, enhance their current professional role, and advance to broader careers to meet the growing public health and education needs in dentistry. The curriculum is designed to introduce students to the expanding role of dental hygienists in public health and education. Graduates of the Baccalaureate program will be qualified for an array of challenging career opportunities in public health, education, administration, research, management, and related fields. The online cohort program is offered part-time to provide flexibility for working professionals.
CSN BS Dental Hygiene: Education Specialist Map
Student Learning Outcomes
- Synthesize industry specific information in a critical, scientific, and effective manner.
- Justify advanced dental hygiene roles, health promotion, and disease prevention activities for diverse populations by involvement in education and public health programs.
- Collaborate with other health professionals to provide educational services and strategies that promote and advance the health of the public.
- Advocate for the advancement of the dental hygiene body of knowledge and/or conduct research.
Lower Division Credit Requirements
TOTAL LOWER DIVISION CREDITS: 89
- AS or AAS from a CODA accredited Dental Hygiene Program and Lower Division General Education Credits Awarded (30 Credits)
- Additional Credits - May be Dental Hygiene course credits (55 Credits)
- PSC 101 - Introduction to American Politics (4 Credits)
Upper Division General Education Requirements
TOTAL UPPER DIVISION GENERAL EDUCATION CREDITS: 9
Special Program Requirements
TOTAL SPECIAL PROGRAM CREDITS: 23