Jan 27, 2022
This degree provides students with the necessary education and skills required by today’s Network Security specialists. Instruction includes courses on server/client centric security issues as well as router/switch centric security issues. It provides students with a wide array of training in various functional areas related to network security. Completion of this course of study prepares students for successful completion of a number of industry certification exams such as CompTia Security+, Cisco CCNA: Security, and others.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate computer hardware and software.
- Develop organization security policies.
- Explain how to use networking tools and devices to detect and mitigate security attacks.
- Manage the security of a network system.
- Manage a networking project.
General Education Requirements (22 Credits)
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Recommended: ENG 107.
Communications (3 Credits)
Strongly Recommended: COM 115.
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (3 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Science (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or any COM prefix course
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above course (includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements (38 Credits)
Core Requirements (38 Credits)
Digital Literacy Requirement (0-3 Credits)