Jun 09, 2023
Student Learning Outcomes
- Manage the business aspects of a day care program, including record keeping, financial, and staff supervision.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate program for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Meet licensing requirements for being director of a preschool and/or infant/toddler program.
- Distinguish typical and atypical development in young children.
- Demonstrate appropriate skills in modifying the care and education of young children to allow for the appropriate inclusion of children with atypical development.
General Education Requirements (22 Credits)
Mathematics (3 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level MATH course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
English Composition (3-5 Credits)
NOTE: Your first college-level ENG course MUST be completed before reaching 30 total college-level credits.
Communications (3 Credits)
Human Relations (3 Credits)
Natural Science (3 Credits)
Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Science (3 Credits)
- any AM prefix course
- or any ANTH prefix course (except ANTH 102 and ANTH 110L)
- or any ART prefix course
- or CRJ 104 - Introduction to Administration of Justice
- or DAN 101 - Dance Appreciation
- or any ECON prefix course
- or ENG 223 - Themes of Literature or above
- or GEOG 106 - Introduction to Cultural Geography
- or any HIST prefix course
- or any MUS prefix course (except MUS 100)
- or any PHIL prefix course
- or any PSC prefix course
- or any PSY prefix course
- or any SOC prefix course
- or any THTR prefix course (except THTR 275)
- or WMST 113 - Gender, Race, and Class
- or World Languages 101B or above (this includes the following course prefixes: ARA, ARM, CHI, FIL, FREN, GER, GRE, ITAL, JPN, KOR, LAT, PORT, RUS, SPAN, and THAI)
U.S. and Nevada Constitutions (4-6 Credits)
Special Program Requirements (38 Credits)